[NTLK] [FS] MP 2000/2100 system

From: Larrie Easterly (larrie_at_larrie.com)
Date: Thu May 27 2004 - 20:45:31 PDT

Hello everyone,

The time has come to let go of one of my green friends. It has been
sitting around at work and is feeling lonely because it is not being
used as much as it would like. I am posting it here in hopes of finding
it a good home. Please email me off list if you are interested. I will
remove all of my personal files and information from the Newt but will
not brain wipe it before I ship it.
The software I have loaded on it will still be on it as well.

The system includes
Original MP2000 factory upgraded to a 2100. The screen is in excellent
shape with no jaggies. The body shows some wear in the corners where
the coating has rubbed off. All door clips and rubber feet are present
and accounted for.
Original stylus plus one combination stylus/pen
2 MB Newton logo Flash Storage Card
4MB generic Flash Storage Card
32MB Pretec card Flash Storage Card
One working rechargeable battery pack
One non working rechargeable battery pack
Newton FAX Modem. This is the cigaret pack type. Sloooow but reliable.
Interconnect port serial adapter
Print pack cable but no software or drivers
Port Noteworthy leather carrying case
9 volt power adapter
Mac serial cable
Aluminum folding stand, allows the Newt to stand up and be seen
Lots of software on CD's and floppy's most in Mac and Windows versions

Trying to figure out what this package is worth has been an interesting
exercise, lots of emotion attached to my little green friend. I looked
at the Newton Used Price Guide on This Old Newt and came up with about
$475. That would be fine if I was selling on Ebay but I am offering it
to the list for $225 plus shipping anywhere in the world. Payment via
PayPal, cash, check or money order, or cashiers check in US dollars.
If you do not like the price make me an offer.

Larrie