Re: [NTLK] eMate disassembly - do I *have* to de-solder?

From: RossO (newton_at_ordersomewherechaos.com)
Date: Fri May 28 2004 - 09:03:51 PDT

On May 28, 2004, at 3:33 AM, Sonny Hung wrote:
> With the help of the info from Frank's instruction & Apple PDF from
> UNNA's
> mirror of Apple's FTP (eMate 2.8Mb) ir was a a breeze - now I will
> need to
> fabricate a plate or use a washer on those hinges.

does anyone have an eps file of the size and dimensions and outline of
the plate that would be used to protect the cable?

a student of mine has offered to create the piece for me, if I can find
an Illustrator, eps or other vector format layout for it.

i suppose I could have him make a number of them quite easily if
someone would give me the 'perfect' specs for it.

if a washer is sufficient, then a washer it is. but if there's another
solution that would be better, I'd love to see the design.

...ross...

--
What should I do with my life?
          "Agitate. Agitate, Agitate." - Frederick Douglass