Re: [NTLK] TV remote

From: Mark Welker (welker_at_applefritter.com)
Date: Sun May 30 2004 - 08:54:02 PDT

On Sunday, May 30, 2004, at 10:59 AM, Sonny Hung wrote:
> Edmund, I recall a Newt solution - the remote software allowed you to
> either
> program it or install additional remotes that were already programmed
> - I
> recalled using it to control a Magnovox TV at a hospital waiting room
> - they
> of course don't let you change the TV and have it mounted high on the
> wall.
> Also I used it with my SONY TV at home. The name of the software
> eludes me
> right now.

The Newton IR FAQ has a list of remote control packages as well as what
they control, for Sony devices it says ShowMate, SonyMeeting, TVPad,
Showtime and SonyRemote should work. ShowMate and TVPad look like
they're more compatible with other brands. For the Magnovox, it looks
like TV Pad is the only option.

Mark