Re: [NTLK] Testing MP2x00s?

From: Woody Smith (woodysmith_at_comcast.net)
Date: Mon Nov 01 2004 - 16:32:09 PST

I would give it an overall inspection for physical condition of the
case, minor cracks might be acceptable if the price is right but if
either side of the port door is cracked or broken you are in danger of
cutting the digitizer (touch screen) ribbon. Try both pcmcia slots
with a memory card and a communication card, modem is best since it
likely has some drivers installed. The power switch can and does fail
so try it a few times to power up and to turn on the backlight. make
sure that the long narrow NIC port seems tight, test it if you have a
dongle.
Spend a good amount of time writing and drawing on all areas of the
display to check for alignment problems and jaggies, you will know it
if you see them.

Woody