From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Nov 01 2004 - 21:40:40 PST
Now wait....did you use RUBBING or ISOPROPYL alcohol?
There is a distinct difference...Rubbing alcohol is
only 70% alcohol (isopropyl in fact). The other 30% is
Here is the website to talk about that:
if that's the case, then it's that water that may do
http://newton.tek-ed.com (download Newton packages)
--- James Nichols <smilr_at_mac.com> wrote:
> I thought that rubbing alcohol was non-conductive
> for electricity, and
> evaporated rather quickly - so I doubt that it
> "shorted" anything out
> by getting where it should not have.
> Just how far apart did you disassemble the newton?
> Are you sure all the
> cables are connected everywhere? Have you pressed
> the reset button?
> Which model newton do you have?
> J Tyler Nichols
"A democracy is a sheep and two wolves deciding on what to have for lunch. Freedom is a well armed sheep contesting the results of the decision."
- Benjamin Franklin
Do you Yahoo!?
Check out the new Yahoo! Front Page.
-- This is the NewtonTalk list - http://www.newtontalk.net/ for all inquiries Official Newton FAQ: http://www.chuma.org/newton/faq/ WikiWikiNewt for all kinds of articles: http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.5 : Mon Nov 01 2004 - 22:30:00 PST