Re: [NTLK] Courier and package downloader

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Nov 02 2004 - 10:42:00 PST

wow...I skipped this thread and only saw this by
accident!
I guess I should search for my name before I delete
emails.
I'm in meetings all day today. I'll try to get this
changed tonight or tomorrow...
Ed
web/gadget guru
--- Eckhart Köppen <eck1002_at_gmx.net> wrote:

> On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 21:53:23 -0500, Woody Smith
> wrote:
> > I seem to be able to connect to Ed's site using
> Courier but don't get a
> > list of packages. Is any one having success?
>
> I think Courier doesn't like this part of the page:

> The opening angle brackets look to Courier like the
> start of a tag, and
> it never finds the closing bracked. Ed, if you use
> &lt; and &gt;,
> Courier should be happy :) Unfortunately, chaning
> the parser in Courier
> to be more tolerant won't happen soon...
>
> Eckhart
> --
> This is the NewtonTalk list -
> http://www.newtontalk.net/ for all inquiries
> Official Newton FAQ:
> http://www.chuma.org/newton/faq/
> WikiWikiNewt for all kinds of articles:
> http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/

=====
"A democracy is a sheep and two wolves deciding on what to have for lunch. Freedom is a well armed sheep contesting the results of the decision."
 - Benjamin Franklin