Re: [NTLK] will backup but won't export...

From: Michael Blazer (m.blazer_at_utoronto.ca)
Date: Tue Nov 02 2004 - 13:02:23 PST

Quoting Rhonda Hyslop <0x7ff00025_at_paradox.homeip.net>:

> I just seem to be having all kinds of problems all at once...
>
> So, I got NCU working over appletalk and it backed up my newt just fine,
> and that's all good. So now, I want to export a measly three notes to my
> computer, and all I get is an error (-1) and my newton closes Dock.

[snip]

Not sure if this will do everything you want, but you could try nSync at:
<homepage.mac.com/nowhereman77/hacks/newton/>. Looks like the TextSync plugins still has
some major limitations, but maybe JournalSync would do the trick, assuming you can get
the text out MacJournal fairly easily.

I haven't tried those particular plugins, but I've used the main program to sync Names
with Mac OS X (10.2.6), and I've found the connection to be quite solid and fast over
ethernet, WiFi, and serial.

Michael