Re: [NTLK] Cleaning the screen with isopropyl alcohol is bad?

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Tue Nov 02 2004 - 20:14:59 PST

On Nov 2, 2004, at 1:06 PM, Michael J. Hußmann wrote:

> Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com) wrote:
>
>> I just don't believe the theory that "pure" water doesn't conduct
>> electricity...
>
> While the theory is sound and proven, once you get into the bath tub,
> the
> water won't be so pure anymore ...

It is neither sound nor proven, in fact it's wrong.

Water itself contains 1*10-7 mol/Liter positivly charged H+ and the
same amount of negativly charged HO- (ph 7) leading to a conductivity
of aprocimatly 0,055 µSiemens/cm (18,2 MOhm )for pure Water at 25 °C
(compared with rainwater 35 - 100 µSiemens/cm dependent on Air
Polution, River (Rhein Germany ) 300 - 745 µSiemens/cm ,Sea 42
000µSiemens/cm

  The high conductivity of salty water are the Salt-ions but water has
in any case an amount of ions