Re: [NTLK] anti-glare removal? - how many chemists are on this list anyway??

From: Paul Zenk (pzenk_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Nov 04 2004 - 20:21:06 PST

>Jim,
>There are apparently at least two of us. My specialties are organic and
>polymer chemistry. I've been knocking around the films, coatings and
>plastics markets for 25 years. So, a coated films business (NuShield)
>was a natural outgrowth of that.
>
>On Nov 4, 2004, at 12:48 PM, Jim Witte wrote:
>>
>> Not to change the subject (for too long anyway), but how many
>> chemists do we have on this list anyway :) ? Does Newtons Around the
> > World have any kind of 'owner info' part?

I have a PhD in Medicinal Chemistry. (Organic) I was going to make a
comment on the purity of water, but I thought I would let that thread
die. Acetone can be purchased in gallon quantities at your local home
store. Try the paint department. Also finger nail polish remover now
days is mostly ethyl acetate. I don't have any suggestions for
removing the coating. Sorry.
Paul Zenk