[NTLK] NCU vs. Card Backups

From: James Wages (james_at_kiramek.com)
Date: Sat Nov 06 2004 - 23:34:56 PST

I recently read a post claiming that NCU is notorious for unreliable
backups. This was the first I've heard about that, but it has me
concerned. That comment was followed by a suggestion to make backups to
linear cards.

Now unless I am missing something, I do not see how it is possible to make
a backup of one linear card to another card. Whenever I try to do a
backup to card, it backs up all my files TO THE SAME CARD. This is really
dumb in my opinion since what if that entire card when bad?! It would
seem more logical to backup one card to another card. Say from a linear
card to an ATA (via Paul's ATA Support). But how does one go about doing
this? Is there some 3rd party package required to make a backup of
packages and soups from one card to another?

Thanks,

James Wages