Re: [NTLK] IRDA

From: James Nichols (smilr_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Nov 08 2004 - 13:58:02 PST

I'm not sure how conclusive this is -> but after starting my mp2100
without loading packages (holding the stylus down near the left edge at
startup) - I still get IrDA and TCP/IP as options when I launch Dock.
TCP/IP gives me an error - which makes sense, a the Dock TCP/IP package
is disabled, but I can still connect via IrDA to newton DIL tester
under os 9. IIRC, this program was how I bootstrapped my newton in the
first place, I believe via IrDA (I don't think I owned a serial cable
yet).

I do have the latest newton OS on this machine, and HAVE had the Dock
TCP/IP package installed at one time - but even with all packages
disabled, I still get IrDA.

J Tyler Nichols