Re: [NTLK] Bluetooth problem...

From: Doug P (dougp_at_ispinn.com)
Date: Fri Nov 12 2004 - 06:20:15 PST

>Does anybody succeeded in connecting to a Nokia 6310i via Bluetooth?
>I=B4ve tried with my PICO Bluetooth card. Pairing works fine. But when I
>try to connect to make a GPRS connection, the Nokia seems to break the
>connection as soon as the newton has established a connection.
>
>The settings for GPRS should be correct, cause it works fine via Irda.

I'm not the expert, but I did sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night. ;-=
) Can someone else chime in on the compatibility of IrDa and Bluetooth sett=
ings? That seems like apples and windurrs to me.

This is what I'm experiencing with my Sony Ericsson T616. I can make the fi=
rst website, and then the connection is lost to the (DNS?) server. AT&T doe=
sn't require a DNS IP, but Newt's Cape, FWICT, apparently does require it.

There's a lot going on. It's easy, but it's not simple. There are multiple =
setting with which to contend:

   Bluetooth Setup
   Internet Settings
   Newt's Cape Configuration
   Sony Ericsson T616 Data Comm Settings
   GPRS provider's specs
   (there may be others still)

Since the connection is established, the basic functionality is proven. I'm=
 wondering what setting or settings need to be tweaked, or may have been ov=
erlooked and may need to be added to one of the interfaces to solidify the =
connection.

Doug Parker