Re: [NTLK] Whats wrong with the "Knowledge-Navigator"?..

From: Mark Ross (markr13_at_comcast.net)
Date: Sat Nov 13 2004 - 07:01:38 PST

James,
Many sellers in the US are gun shy because of rampant internet credit
card fraud. The system that checks numbers and seller's addresses does
not work outside of the US (even in Canada) so sellers are justified in
limiting sales to US customers only. This situation was exacerbated by
the CC companies themselves. MC/VISA uses an antiquated 1960's system
where each bank issues its own CC's and is responsible for following
the rules, or not! Since merchants pay for any fraud that goes through
their accounts, the CC companies make money when the fraud is committed
and when the fraud is reversed (fees are paid both ways). It was only
this year that WalMart settled a hugh lawsuit with same CC companies
concerning this and other monopolistic practices that they have gotten
religion and started cracking down on banks in their system that don't
play by the rules. NuShield has seen a drop of fraudulent CC
transactions of 80% since this has occurred.

To make it easier on all list members, NuShield offers a shipping
redirect service for anyone overseas wishing to purchase from a US
merchant that will not ship to or accept CC's from overseas accounts.
Please contact me off list for this service.

--
Mark Ross
markr13_at_comcast.net