Re: [NTLK] Risky Business

From: Mark Ross (markr13_at_comcast.net)
Date: Tue Nov 16 2004 - 07:15:37 PST

We have a "blacklist" of countries that are turned off on our web site
for this reason. These countries will not show up in the "Ship To" list
because of the high likelihood of scamming. We offer those individuals
a round about method to purchase from us, but they must contact us
first. About half of those who contact us don't actually purchase, so I
suspect they believe their orders will receive special scrutiny (and
boy are they right!) so they don't bother trying. The rest have all
been legitamite. We have sold items successfully to Malaysia, Nigeria
and others and have been scammed there as well. Our procedures and new
CC rules have almost completely eliminated problems of this sort.
Most large businesses that sell high value items do not have the
ability to scrutinize orders the way we do and the risk to them is much
greater. I can readily understand why they will not sell where
automated CC checking systems don't work. That is why for all list
members, NuShield will redirect any packages that you cannot purchase
normally from a US shipper. I've never, ever, had a problem with anyone
on this list in almost 7 years of doing this.

--
Mark Ross
markr13_at_comcast.net