Re: [NTLK] Risky Business

From: Peter H. Coffin (hellsop_at_ninehells.com)
Date: Tue Nov 16 2004 - 19:00:35 PST

On Wed, Nov 17, 2004 at 09:24:32AM +0900, James Wages wrote:
> On 11/17/04 4:04 AM, Russ Bravo <russbravo_at_lineone.net> wrote:
> > I protect my 100% 500+ rating vigorously!
>
> Russ, you're a kindred spirit. Despite the fact that some on this list
> proclaim "scammers can easily hijack feedback ratings" I still use such in
> my buying decisions from EBAY sellers.

Well, that's sensible; it's that or nothing. Hijacked accounts can't
especially target users with high feedback ratings, they can only hijack
the unwise or unlucky that those people MAY have a high feedback rating.
It's a prety reliable indicator that a seller or buy who is not a
scammer will be cooperative and easy to deal with, not that the
seller/buyer is not a scammer.

--
52. I will hire a team of board-certified architects and surveyors to
    examine my castle and inform me of any secret passages and abandoned