Re: [NTLK] eMate acceleration

From: Sonny Hung (sonnyhung_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Nov 18 2004 - 06:59:25 PST

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 07:44:27 -0700, Humphreys, David
<david.humphreys_at_honeywell.com> wrote:
> Wow! I'm not sure how many rules you broke doing this but it's a lot...

David, thanks for the clear explanation that followed. I did a
RadiosHACK on my eMate and though I did lose the soldering pad was
able to get the eMate overclocked. It is true that what you describe
will happen and I have not offered an upgrade hack to the eMate due to
the lack of appropriate equipment and understanding that the
motherboard might be damaged or toast...

It is not recommended by you a professional and I second that as a
Hacker of some sort who did try it... it's a dangerous item to try and
your poor eMate (I went through the trauma of seeing the pads lift
off) might not make it through unscathed...

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung