Re: [NTLK] Newton Personal Data Server Manual

From: Grant Hutchinson (grant_at_splorp.com)
Date: Wed Nov 24 2004 - 15:05:12 PST

In a previous message, David Abramowitz typed vigorously:

>> Hello,is there a place on the internet where I can print off a manual
>> for the Newton Personal Data Server.I have downloaded all the packages
>> for it onto my emate and would like to know how to install it and then
>> to use it. Any info on this would be greatly appreciated.
>
> http://npds.free.fr/

Although there is a 'manual' available on the NPDS site, it refers to
earlier 2.0 versions of the packages, and does not include references to
many of the new features or functionality that have been added over the
past few years.

The online manual will give you a good overview of the various components
and things such as the server side tags - but like I mentioned - it's
sadly out of date.

http://npds.free.fr/docs/english/

However, there are a couple newer, more specific documents that may help
in some instances:

NPDS Network Setup
By Paul Guyot, Nicolas Zinovieff & Allen Russell

Notepad Server Configuration
By Josh Burker

http://npds.free.fr/#documentation

Additionally, I am currently trying to finish up documentation for the
Binary Server and BinInstaller tools.

If you are looking for help, I would suggest that you sign up on the NPDS
mailing list for direct contact with most of the folks developing and
using NPDS.

g.

Grant Hutchinson > Interface Considerations & Toys

Weblog > www.splorp.com
Newton > www.newted.org
Design > www.veer.com