Re: [NTLK] Screen door

From: Puckdropper (puckdropper_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Oct 01 2004 - 23:13:07 PDT

You can get it from J&K sales for about $25, or if you
already have the tools you need for about $5 in raw
materials will allow you to make one. (If you don't
have the tools, buy the one from J&K sales. You'll
spend $25 easily in parts and all.)

What you'll need in materials:
.040" or thicker sheet styrene plastic
Square tubing, I think 1/4"
Round tubing, same size as the square tubing
18 gauge insulated wire
Set of model railroader's hobby tools (hobby knife,
glue, straight edge, other stuff... Like I said... if
you don't have them don't buy them for one project.)
Lots of time and patience

I'll briefly describe the cover I made:
The sheet styrene forms the large flat area of the
cover, while the square tubing provides a receptical
for the 18 gauge wire. The 18 gauge wire fits in the
center holes in the 2100, with the insulation left on.

Stripped 18 gauge wire is used as hinge pins,
connecting square tubing to round tubing. (Note: I
used square tubing throughout, as that was what I had.
 I'd recommend using round tubing due to the hinge
nature.

Take a look at a picture of a cover to get an idea of
what the hinge looks like. Mine didn't turn out too
bad, it does its job. Once I paint it, it will look
better.

Puckdropper