Re: [NTLK] Why?

From: Tony Kan (tony.kan_at_clear.net.nz)
Date: Sat Oct 02 2004 - 21:29:56 PDT

I for one would be interested in reading an even-handed review from those
Newtoneers with more than one type of PDA.

For example, the cursive HWR engine has been ported to the Pocket PC and
Tablet PC platforms. Does it work any better over there? Have they tried
to conform to the Pocket/Tablet PC UI conventions or have they kept to
largely what's on the Newton? Is there a difference in accuracy?

I hear that Palm has shifted to Graffiti v2.0. Is that much of an
improvement over v1.0?

On the Tungsten T3, everyone I know seems to be purchasing Treo 600-type
devices rather than no-phone PDAs. Did you look into that? Why are you
preferring a T3?

Cheers

Tony Kan
Christchurch
New Zealand

[snip]
I know this will probally start a furious debate but I am just
wondering, what are the pros of buying a Newton over a Tungsten T3? I
am getting a new PDA at Christmas (I know it is early!) but I am
wondering....
[snip]