Re: [NTLK] Ripped off on eBay

From: Vaguely Radio (vradio_at_maine.rr.com)
Date: Sun Oct 03 2004 - 16:48:14 PDT

Kevin -

I was the recipient of a new-in-box Newton 130 from eBay a few months
ago that I would probably be willing to part with (I was curious about
the 130 and love its form-factor, but I'm in a money crunch right now,
and after all I've still got my trusty UMP2k). I paid (an ungodly sum,
it turns out - damn me for not checking prices!) about 200$ for it.
I'm sure I'd cut my losses and take considerably less than that for it.
  It is no longer technically "new in box" as I have taken it out and
put batteries in and played with it, probably for a total of 8-10
hours. I have removed the "backlight" sticker from the cover as well
so you won't get the fresh absolutely-brand-new Newton experience
you're hoping for. Still, if you find you're still unable to complete
the eBay sale let me know if you're interested and we can work
something out. Unlike the bid you won, mine came in the original box
sealed in plastic with manual, cable, bundled software etc., so in some
ways perhaps it's a more complete deal. The unit is in pristine
condition without scratches or a speck of dust. I will miss the
telescoping stylus *sigh*.

Anyway, let me know if your auction does not work out and you are
interested. Apologies to the list for not sending this note privately
but I thought in the interests of legitimacy it would be best if I
posted this publicly so that I don't appear to be a shady seller.
Further contact can occur off-list!

-Dan