[NTLK] Programmer's question #1

From: Frank Gruendel (newtontalk_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Sun Oct 03 2004 - 18:00:11 PDT

Hi all,

could anybody shed some light on how to scroll to the end of a note
programmatically? I'm doing something like that:

Create the note...

notes := GetRoot().paperroll;
gCycleInfoNote := notes:MakeTextNote(noteText, nil);
notes:open();
notes:NewNote(gCycleInfoNote, true, nil);
BroadcastSoupChange(ROM_paperrollsoupname); // tell the notepad to update
itself

In an idle script text will be added...

local new := gCycleInfoNote.data[0].text;
new := myNewText;
setValue(gCycleInfoNote.data[0], 'text, new);
BroadcastSoupChange(ROM_paperrollsoupname); // tell the notepad to update
itself

This is where I would like to scroll to the end of the note. I can't figure
out
how to do that.

Thanks

Frank