[NTLK] Rare Newton books

From: Donald Keenan (dkeenan2_at_nycap.rr.com)
Date: Mon Oct 04 2004 - 18:58:01 PDT

Hi all.

I'm a big fan of the Newton, even though time restraints haven't
allowed me to delve in as deeply as I'd like. I've collected a lot of
stuff, originals CDs, marketing stuff, etc.

A while back, I bought some Newton ToolKit books on ebay and then
subsequently came into some duplicate copies. They've been sitting
around as I become more and more inundated with clutter.
I'm going to list them on ebay and am writing the list, not so much as
to "promote" them, but because I have the impression that they are RARE
and that hardcore newton officiandos might confirm this or might want
to be made hip to the fact that I have them.

I once was browsing a website on the Newton and if my memory serves me
right, the author of the site wanted anyone to contact him if they were
available because they were so rare to find these days. I can't recall
the site now. I hope it's ok if I mention the titles here. These are
all from 1993-1994.

1) Newton Toolkit User's Guide
2) Newton Book Maker User's Guide
3) NewtonScript Programming Language
4) Newton Programmer's Guide

Any collector's out there who could give me some idea of how common
these copies are now? I assume the content is fairly easy to get at in
electronic form. I also have some loose leaf Newton manuals which I
haven't even looked at yet.

Thanks