Re: [NTLK] [OT] Illustrator & InDesign (was Windows or Mac)

From: jake smith (jakesmith_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Oct 06 2004 - 01:31:33 PDT

Robert et al,

InDesign is not supposed to replace Illustrator.
You use Illustrator to create logos and, um, illustrations, and use
InDesign to them place and lay-up posters/pages etc.

Yes you can use Illustrator for single page designs, but anything more
and it's into InDesign. Much the same way it's always worked with Quark
and Illy. You simply can't create the complex illustrations in Quark or
InDesign, just import them from Illustrator/Freehand and place 'em in
the right place.

regards
jake