Re: [NTLK] Rechargeable Batteries

From: Peter H. Coffin (hellsop_at_ninehells.com)
Date: Wed Oct 06 2004 - 09:51:45 PDT

On Wed, Oct 06, 2004 at 04:47:07PM +0100, jake smith wrote:
> I'm about to buy some new rechargeable batteries and a charger (in
> the UK) and have followed a bit of the recent discussions about NiCad
> and other types of batteries but found it a bit confusing to find a
> straight answer.
>
> Can anyone recommend a battery/charger from personal experience?

I'm testing the Rayovac I-C3 system now. (I picked up the 4-cell charger
and a pack of batteries on Sunday.) They DO charge as fast (or faster)
than advertised, and some moderate use in a power-hungry digital camera
hasn't shown any particular performance difference between these and a
fresh set of alkalines. Haven't gotten through a full charge yet. (And
certainly haven't had a chance to go through a charge in the Newton
yet.)

Hearing the cooling fan on a *battery charger* whine up line a very
small jet engine is kind of interesting...

--
29. I will dress in bright and cheery colors, and so throw my enemies into
    confusion.