Re: [NTLK] Device candidate for einstein?..

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Wed Oct 06 2004 - 13:37:02 PDT

On Oct 6, 2004, at 1:49 AM, Alexey Danilchenko wrote:

> I came across this nice little device today:
> http://uk.asus.com/products/pda/a730/index.htm
>
> Judging by its impressive list of specs: 640x480 resolution, fastest
> ARM
> ever (520 MHz top), 2 extension slots: CF and SD cards) it could be a
> viable
> candidate for running NewtonOS.

Very interesting. Although I have reservations about the build quality
and availability of this device.

I think it's VERY important that any future hardware choice is very
widely available,

I think it should be high end, but I think if it's overly rare or
limited in production then it's out.

Also, I wonder if there is a Linux implementation running on this
platform? Seems like it would help a lot.

Good eye!

Marty

PS The camera is annoying.