Re: [NTLK] mac or not to mac, or how much PC really costs

From: WL (vitcitylb_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Oct 07 2004 - 04:12:17 PDT

Well, I have to say that I am finally getting my first Powerbook, thanks to
work for picking up the tab. Mainly due to the need to update and protect
the Sony vaio more than actually use it, the PB G4(VPC) and G3 will be my
main computers so that I only spend one hour a month on maintenance instead
of one hour a day of maintenance on the pc's, all five that I take care
of(sleep??? whaz dat?).

Thanks to 3 software firewalls, one anti-virus, two anti-trojan apps., two
anti-hidden-installer apps., two anti-homepage-hijack apps., two anti-spam
apps., and constant defragging apps. I welcome the 'stability without
futility' that the iMac OS 9.2 will extend to the PB G4/G3's that will help
me get work done BEFORE putting up so many shields. Just one anti-virus,
one internet security app., and a good utility and I will be 'golden'.

...but I will miss the ability to track/ping/log/complain about all the
anti-social attackers whose main targets are Windows-based
computers. :-P ...actually I will still have at least one laptop for
making 'backup copies' of paid cd's/dvd's.