[NTLK] Kind of urgent: Cheap memory cards at eBay

From: Frank Gruendel (fg2_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Sat Oct 09 2004 - 12:37:09 PDT

Hi all,

I've had a look at the auctions of the seller Oliver reported yesterday.

Before you get carried away, I would suggest that you be aware of

a) he will only ship inside Germany and

b) of the three auctions he currently has for memory cards only one
type will work in the Newton. The other two auctions are definitely
about cards that will NOT work in ANY Newton. I have samples of these
cards here that I tried without success in every Newton model there is.

I would suggest you hold your horses for a couple of hours. Russ Bravo
and myself have bought a batch of the type of cards that DO work in the
Newton.
We will ship worldwide at cost either from the United Kingdom (Russ) or
Germany (myself) and offer one or two things that'll make this deal
safer for you. Expect a slightly longish post in about an hour
in which I will try to answer all questions you might have.

If your finger is too itchy to wait, at least be aware of b) and make
sure you bid on the right type of card before you click the "Buy it Now"
button. I am currently in touch with this seller trying to sort out
two cases where list members were more impulsive than they should have been
and are now facing having to trash or abandon what they bought unless
I can convince the seller to

a) send the stuff my way and not to the buyer (which I'm afraid he
  won't do anyway since both buyers don't live in Germany) and

b) send me not what the buyers bought, but what they wanted

If this can be sorted out, I will send the working cards to the buyers
at cost, but why add any more cases like that to my do do list...

Cheers

Frank

-- Newton Software and Hardware at http://www.pda-soft.de