Re: [NTLK] Hi , Im a newtcomer from Montecarlo

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_telebyte.nl)
Date: Sun Oct 10 2004 - 13:17:40 PDT

On 10-okt-04, at 20:09, bolimc wrote:
> I found an old Newton MP 100. Is there any chance to
> connect with one of my apple computers ? (Powerbook
> G4, Cube upgraded, Imac G5, all with panther).
> If so please detail step by step the things I have to
> buy and to do and suggest me where to find them.
> Thanks in advance for your patience

I'll give it a shot, but I joined the Newton fold woth the 110 so I can
only give you an (educated) guess.
AFAIK you can connect with the Newton Connection Utilities, very nice
app, should be on Unna.org
To run this program you'll need Classic running within Panther (or you
can reboot into OS (of course) and a a USB to serial adapter, Keyspan
has the best reputation.
BTW, the Keyspan drivers should be activated in one environment only,
not not under Panther and Classic at the same time, won't work...

Robert Benschop