Re: [NTLK] [OT] Virus issues?

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Sun Oct 10 2004 - 14:52:07 PDT

On Oct 10, 2004, at 2:36 PM, Edmund Blackadder wrote:

> If you like to think that in the future Unix will be as insecure as
> Windows..thats fine.. But you will dissapointed cause this will not
> happen :-)
No I don't think that... But I do think there will be problems at some
point...

> It is like saying "The Ferraris have fewer engine failures cause they
> are not produced in mass numbers, when the Ferraris will be produced in
> mass numbers, they will have a engine failure similar to KIA". :-)
Actually, Ferrari engines are much more problematic in my experience...

Being overly cocky about the fact that you run you system without any
virus protection isn't good practice in my opinion :~}

Of course I don't run any either, but that is only well and good up
until the point of impact.

Marty