Re: [NTLK] Lowest profile WiFi card (and a BT question)...

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Sun Oct 10 2004 - 18:34:26 PDT

On Oct 10, 2004, at 4:08 PM, Blake Patterson wrote:

> --- Roman Pixell <roman_at_pixell.net> wrote:
>
>> 3Com has got something they call XJack, it is a card
>> type with a
>> retractable antenna. the 802.11b card is compatible
>> with the mac, with
>> a third party driver, the bluetooth card i dont
>> know.
>>

> ...my Mac has an AirPort card. It's Newton
> compatibility I'm interested in. Will this work with
> Newton for WiFi?

The answer to this question to date is no. Apple's airport card has no
antenna for one thing, and is rumored to be somehow "non standard"
although it's got to be really really close to standard considering...

The PCMCIA card from the original airport base station will work
though... If you can find a dead one you are set.

Marty