[NTLK] FS: Misc items (& goodbye)

From: John M Powell (jp_at_iwillbefree.com)
Date: Mon Oct 11 2004 - 10:25:15 PDT

I've decided to finally step away from the Newton. It's served me well for a
very long time, but I simply don't use it anymore. I think the final straw
was when I purchased Travel-CS in an effort to keep PowerTrans and (and
PowerTrans Cursive) from becoming abandonware. I'd put a couple feelers out,
and found there was enough interest (people wanting to buy it) to cover just
over half my investment, so I decided to go ahead with the purchase.
Unfortunately, only a few that had expressed an interest actually purchased
it. It turned out to be far more costly of an endeavor than I'd hoped.

At this point, I've not decided what to do with it. I don't want to let it
disappear from the community, but am also still hoping to recoup part of my
investment (becoming engaged gets you thinking about money a little
differently). We'll see....

There will be other items later, but for now, I have the following items for
sale (all MP2x00 related);

1) 3COM EtherLink III 3C589D-TP 10BASE-T PCMCIA card with hard case and
dongle.
2) Serial to Interconnect cable. This has the molded interconnect plug on
one end (no dongle needed).
3) Interconnect plug soldered on small PC board with connector. Probably
could be used to make audio in/out jack.
4) Battery cage.
5) Rechargeable battery. Used. Holds charge, but limited life of course due
to age.
6) OEM Stylus, that I think is new. I'd bought one, pulled it out of the
package, and ended up storing it in the sleeve my PDA Panache stylus came
in. Tip and body look like they're new.
7) MP2100 with rechargeable battery and power adapter. No stylus, clips,
lid, or PCMCIA blanks. Backlight good. Screen in decent condition. Case has
some cracks and tape residue. Good backup unit.
8) Calise MP2x00 cases. These were one of the best leather cases designed
for the MP. Plenty of storage pockets, a place for a pen, a center flap that
can actually hold a spare battery, a front pocket good for a cellphone or
checkbook. These are NEW. I have EIGHT of them. Will sell individually or in
multiples.

I also have one of PCBman's original rev. SER-01 cards. The connector had
come unsoldered from the board. He replaced my board (didn't want this
back). If anyone wants to attempt soldering the connector back to the board,
it's yours. All I ask is you cover shipping cost.

That's it for now. I don't know the current value of the above items, so I
guess make me an offer on whatever item(s) you want. I'm not looking to
'auction' them off. Just looking for a reasonable offer.

Send all offers/questions to (jp)(@)(iwillbefree.com). PayPal preferred
payment method. Pictures are available at
http://www.iwillbefree.com/Newton/.

Thanks...

John M Powell
Iwillbefree.com