[NTLK] Getting my PowerMac 6100 on a LAN (I need a LAN adapter cord, modem, etc)

From: MKow1234_at_aol.com
Date: Thu Oct 14 2004 - 05:34:48 PDT

Hello Everybody:
I want to set up a LAN for some of my gear, to simplify and expedite file
transfers, and to increase Newton functionality. Toward that end, I would like to
set up my PowerMac 6100 for a LAN connection. I think the PM 6100 has a
connector on the back (a connector about the size of a USB connector?) that is
intended for a LAN connection. Unfortunately, I seem to have discarded a box full
of old Mac cables when I cleaned the basement. Does anybody out there have a
cheap source of adapter cables for this?

Here's my current home setup:

* eMachines eMonster 550 w/extra RAM and DVD/CD RW - no LAN card

* IBM ThinkPad 600X w/extra RAM and DVD/CD - PCMCIA LAN card

* PowerMac 6100 clock-chipped to ~83 MHZ w/external 500 meg hard drive, OS
7.6, AV card installed (What is this used for? Extra monitor?) No modem,
unfortunately. This thing also needs the internal clock battery, but if I boot it
up twice, it works okay.

I think that I basically need an ethernet card for my PC desktop and some
miscellaneous adapter cables for my PowerMac. Also, an external modem and a
printer cable for the Mac.
If anybody out there has some spare parts to sell, please contact me via
e-mail. Thank you.

Matt K.