[NTLK] Help!

From: Huxley Dunsany (huckdunsany_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Oct 14 2004 - 08:59:05 PDT

My Newton 120 has suddenly stopped responding to screen input - when I start
it, it gives me a message informing me that my backup battery is dead... But
I can't tap the message away! I've tried every reset I can find, but to no
avail - it either gives me the message about the battery, or goes directly
to the Notes screen, but won't allow me to enter anything via the stylus.
If it helps any, my Newton is running OS 1.3, and this problem only started
after I tried swapping the ROM chip for one with OS 2.0 - when that chip is
installed, the Newton is totally dead, and will only start up with the 1.3
chip installed.
Did I somehow kill my trusty Newton?! Arrrgh!
Thanks for the help,
Huxley