[NTLK] No Connection Love

From: David Abramowitz (david.abramowitz_at_verizon.net)
Date: Thu Oct 14 2004 - 13:19:44 PDT

What have I done (or not done)? I can no longer connect my Newt2K to my
Mac (Pismo or G5 PMac).

I've tried serial (using the Keyspan USB adapter), and I get a -48406
(expected an integer), which isn't too helpful - this used to be my
fallback when TCPIP wasn't working. I've tried TCPIP with the Newt's
Wireless WaveLAN Silver w/Escale and Delivery, and it basically times
out (I've got the ABS allowing the traffic and forwarding it
correctly). I've tried AppleTalk, and on the Newt it finds my G5, but
can't connect to it. G5 and Pismo are both using Airport, and I've got
an Extreme Base Station. The OS X FW is configured to allow 3679 and
the ABS is configured to forward anything it sees on 3679 to the G5. I
also have 15552 open and forwarding for nSync, which also used to work
and won't anymore - it also can't connect to the G5. The ABS is using
no encryption, just MAC addresses, and my Newt's address is on there -
I can successfully get to the Internet and browse using Courier, for
example.

Either I took a stupid pill, or something's screwy. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Dave