Re: [NTLK] display upgrade

From: Frank Gruendel (fg2_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Fri Oct 15 2004 - 18:15:37 PDT

> But now, my attention is on the display.
> My eyes just aren't as good as they used to be,
> and in less than optimum light I need something
> easier to read. Although the backlighting works,
> it's really not good enough. So the
> question: Have any of you personally installed one
> of the replacement backlight panels?

Yes. Me.

> I'm considering it, but since there don't seem to
> be any good photos that demonstrate that it's a lot
> better, I'm hesitant. Is it a lot better?

Basically you have 3 choices these days: An original used
backlight, a white backlight like that sold by Calvin Grier,
or a green backlight like that sold by backlight4you. You
will find a review of the backlight4you one in the hardware
section of my site, and I apologize to Calvin that I haven't
found the time yet to write a similar page about his backlight.
Maybe the picture I just uploaded will answer your question.
It is in fact ONE picture. Three Newtons side by side on my
living room table at night.

http://www.pda-soft.de/3backlights.jpg

Frank

-- Newton Software and Hardware at http://www.pda-soft.de