Re: [NTLK] 500 USD price drop...

From: keith (keith_at_vortex.co.uk)
Date: Sat Oct 16 2004 - 12:27:48 PDT

Sometime around 16/10/04 (at 4:18 pm +0100) Chris Edwards said:

>Looks like a painted case to me, you can see a rub through on one
>corner (in my opinion)

Chris, I think what you're talking about is due to the lighting. The
apparent rub is in different positions in different shots, and it
looks like the result of a coloured light or a reflective coloured
surface near by.

However, it is interesting that there's no claim at all that the case
is a new one... just a lot of talk about issues and difficulties. It
could very well be paint, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if it
was. I'm more concerned about the scratch marks apparent at the left
part of the base, in the shot immediately below the last of the
descrition text.

Anyway, frankly, I think it looks pretty damn ugly - particularly
with the door left the original colour.

:-)