[NTLK] Mail V Login Problems

From: John Tubbs (tubbsj713_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun Oct 17 2004 - 09:42:10 PDT

I have Mail V installed on a 2100 with the 717260 update also in place.
  I'm going wireless with a Skyline card to the internet. Raissa,
Courier, Newtscape all work fine so I know I'm getting a connection.

I had to use the IP number to find my mail servers, Mail would not
resolve the domain name initially after many attempts. (other domains
in Courier resolve just fine) After using the IP number I do connect
to the mail server it seems.

However I always get a "MM3 NO LOGINunknown user or incorrect password
error" when trying get mail. I've redone the login info on my Owner
slip many times, checking for errors. I've even recreated the Owner
from scratch. I've emailed from that mailserver today so I know the
server is fine.

Also I can seemingly send from the Newton (same server, same ID, same
password) because the outbox is empty, no errors. However the message
didn't get to it's destination.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Jt