Re: [NTLK] Probolem with Dashboard

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_telebyte.nl)
Date: Tue Oct 19 2004 - 00:14:42 PDT

On 18-okt-04, at 22:55, Sacha Zemp wrote:
> I tried to freeze all my apps/extions (basically any icon I see in the
> drawer) but I have still the same problem. Only when the card is not
> fitted
> in, then dashboard works.

You can also restart your Newt with the stylus 1 cm from the side on
your screen, this way you can start up with all extensions disabled,
will save you a lot of time.

> So my question is: Is there a tool the allows me to find 'hidden'
> packages,
> or orphan soups or preferences or do I need to delete apps/packages in
> order
> to solve the problem?

I'd say that SBM Utilities would probably be the best tool for this:
http://www.sbm.nu/englisch/newton/sbmutils/index.htm

Robert Benschop