[NTLK] fax problems

From: Russell,Allen (Allen.Russell_at_boc.com)
Date: Tue Oct 19 2004 - 14:35:45 PDT

In Extras, did you set your preferences? Tap on Modem. You should set both
the PCMCIA slot ("connection using"), and try different modem drivers
("modem setup")
Allen

>From: BECKER BALAZS <9845012_at_bendomsrv.vu-wien.ac.at>
>Subject: [NTLK] fax problems
>Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 10:55:03 +0200
>Hi!
>I am new to the Newton. I have a MP 2100 and an eMate also. I bought two
>3Com Megahertz 56k Cellular Modem PC Cards (model 3cxm556) at ebay. I also
>downloaded a driver from unna (megahertz 56k driver) to my Newton, and it
>installed right away (I just don=B4t know how to look up, where?....) But
it
>is installed because I tried to install it a second time, and then it said
>Reinstall? Because it was already installed. So, now I tried to fax a a
>short note by faxing directly from the note. Fax number was OK, it started
>and after two seconds a window came up with the message (Connection failed
,
>connection error)
>I tried both modem cards, the same with both. Do I have the right card and
>driver? Or if not, what is wrong, can somebody help me?
* Allen.Russell_at_BOC.com
/// BOC

This email is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the BOC Group plc or any of its affiliates. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please return the message to the sender by replying to it and then delete the message from your computer.

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been checked by anti-virus software for the presence of computer viruses. However, the BOC Group plc or any of its affiliates accepts no responsibility for any virus or defect that might arise from opening this e-mail or attachments.