Re: [NTLK] display upgrade

From: Bill Holt (billholt_at_iglou.com)
Date: Thu Oct 21 2004 - 01:12:12 PDT

Well, I asked the original question about the clarity of the display and,
sure enough, quite a few potential answers came from you guys in quick
succession. It's an energetic list. As I'd read one suggestion, another
popped up. I'd asked about better pictures of the white screen, they were
posted. One fellow asked about whether I'd made the contrast adjustment to
its best setting. Many suggestions, all worthy.

However, after going through them all, I found the answer to be something
altogether different, and I can summarize the result in two words: new
glasses.

Remarkable how the display has cleared up. The system message font is
really tiny, but not too tiny for my Newton-specific glasses to manage.
Also, now that I know how to re-center the contrast slide, it's easy to
optimize.

Thanks all.