[NTLK] Calling Las Vegas Area Newton Users...

From: Huxley Dunsany (huckdunsany_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Oct 21 2004 - 10:53:55 PDT

According to the UPS tracking page, my Newton 2100 is due to arrive today!
Wheee!

However, I'm in a bit of a jam (see the "Chicken and Egg" thread for
details), and my problems would apparently all be solved with the use of a
2x00-style serial dongle - all I need to do is install the wireless pkg's
onto my Newton, and I should be good to go from there. I'm currently
bidding on a cable on eBay, but in the meantime, I desperately want to be
surfing the web on my Newton and syncing to my PowerBook wirelessly... Which
is where you come in! If there is anyone on the list in the Las Vegas /
Henderson Nevada (USA) area who has a 2x00 serial dongle and would be
willing to meet me for a few minutes and lend me the use of the dongle,
please drop me a line! I'm currently an Apple employee, stationed at the
CompUSA in Henderson, which would be an easy place to meet up. Alternately,
I could meet you wherever would be most convenient for you. Since I'm using
a PowerBook, and I already have a KeySpan serial-to-USB adapter, I could do
the install wherever we meet, and your precious dongle wouldn't leave your
sight!

Anyway, if anyone can help out, please drop me a line - I'd really
appreciate it!

Thanks, and best wishes,

Huxley Dunsany