Re: [NTLK] Moving away from MP2K internal charging

From: Frank Gruendel (fg2_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Thu Oct 21 2004 - 17:37:21 PDT

David said:

> The catasrophic failure of the transorb on the emate
> power input, for example, is more likely to be incorrect
> operation/application than sporadic self conbustion.

Wasn't that a zener diode on the eMate power input? Provided
you're talking of the component labeled (if I remember
correctly) DZ1? Something in the 9V 0.5A range? I dimly remember
there's a transorb on the 2x00 power input labeled D2, but
I am unaware of a transorb in the eMate.

Frank

-- Newton Software and Hardware at http://www.pda-soft.de