[NTLK] MP2000, IOGear Serial Adapter, and Escale

From: Steve (ml-subscribe_at_xydyx.com)
Date: Fri Oct 22 2004 - 14:57:27 PDT

Hey all,
        I've got an MP2000 that I've had for a number of years now and I've
been dying to get it hooked up to my 12" Powerbook. Since my Powerbook
has no serial ports I recently picked up an IOGear GUC-232A serial
adapter. I found proper drivers for Panther (10.3.5) and the adapter
works as far as I can tell. I've also got an RS-232-422 serial adapter
in order to plug the thing into my Newt. Escale picks up the serial
adapter but the Newt will not make a connection. I've been able to
connect my Newt to my old Beige G3 desktop though NCU so I know the
Newt is working fine.

I tried installing the fast serial packages shipped on the Escale image
onto my Newt using my G3 and choosing those as the serial connector on
the Newt. This hasn't worked either. Anyone have any suggestions on
what I'm doing wrong? My G3 is relegated to a server role most of the
time so runs headless and it is a pain in the butt to crawl behind my
desk to hook everything up to use it directly in order to run NCU. Ergo
I'd love to be able to use my Newt with my newer Powerbook.

Steve B.