Re: [NTLK] Moving away from MP2K internal charging

From: Sonny Hung (sonnyhung_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Oct 22 2004 - 23:43:24 PDT

On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 01:09:01 -0500, James Nichols <smilr_at_mac.com> wrote:

> So it can be done - but you need an original rechargeable battery pack
> to start with.

James had mentioned most items and though he leaves out some details I
will only point out two items.

1) There is a PolyCell that Frank mentions that protects the batteries
from shorts I believe.

2) You Do Not have to start out with a Rechargeable Pack. You can mod
a battery tray but need the duplicate the contact locations on them at
a thermistor between the contacts on the bottom and additional
conections. And a PolyCell somewhere between the cells (good place
would be between Cell 2 & Cell 3) The Major concern Frank brings up
about this is the use of regular alkalines in a modded tray - this is
dangerous as you Newton will try to charge them if you use them in the
modded tray...

I may have left out something but someone will chime in a correct me...

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung