Re: [NTLK] Usermap and serial tag

From: Sonny Hung (sonnyhung_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sat Oct 23 2004 - 08:55:56 PDT

On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 13:34:39 +0200, Frank Gruendel
<newtontalk_at_pda-soft.de> wrote:
> > How about adding a serial number tag!
>
> Now THAT is a good idea. Along with a search function this
> would be an excellent way of finding the owners of stolen
> or lost Newtons.

Yes, I agree this would be a nifty way to track Newtons.
Wasn't this done before on a web site where we use to post for sale
listings a long time ago? I recall I registered my two MP2000u's there
but that website has long since disappeared.

> The only thing I'd suggest is to not add ONE serial
> number tag, but a way to enter more than one number. Many
> people have more than one Newton.

I think however it maybe nice to associate the serial numbers to a
user and then be able to pull up the serial numbers associated with
the user. In this manner a single serial number and be also transfer
when sold.

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung