Re: [NTLK] [Q] Newton Press: How to install on Mac OS X for Classic?

From: Woody Smith (woodysmith_at_comcast.net)
Date: Tue Oct 26 2004 - 21:33:31 PDT

An update on installing NCU and Newton Press.

yesterday I reported that I could not install either of the above
applications in classic while running Panther. This surprised me
because on my previous computer running Jaguar I could and did. This
issue had not come up for me because I had moved my old drive to my
newer mac and moved all necessary extensions and translators to the
System Folder on the new computer.
So I had Classic and Panther running on the same partition and this
was the first problem that I had.
Today I installed 9.2 on a different drive and selected that as
Classic. Installation of NCU and Newton Press went flawlessly. I then
switched classic back to the Panther partition and could not install
I wonder if this may be the issue for others that are having difficulty?