Re: [NTLK] A small discovery

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_telebyte.nl)
Date: Wed Oct 27 2004 - 15:09:46 PDT

On 27-okt-04, at 23:50, Michael Blazer wrote:
> So where is that extra "6" coming from, and why does putting text on
> the number field
> cause it?

I'm curious as well, so if anybody has an explanation...

>> So I'm back to having 'Martine direct' as an extension again and I'll
>> wait the few extra seconds as the Newt tries to figure out an
>> extension
>> it doesn't understand, as I did before :-(
> I might have missed a post in this thread, but ... I thought that
> *was* your happy
> discovery? (I.e., putting the text into the extension field)

No, I've been entering people's names in the extension field for ages.
My 'happy discovery' was that I could put the names straight after the
numbers, and thus skipping the wait while the Newt tries to figure out
what the heck that strange extension is...

Robert Benschop