Re: [NTLK] My "Anonymous" FS posting

From: Rhonda Hyslop (0x7ff00025_at_paradox.homeip.net)
Date: Wed Oct 27 2004 - 16:45:05 PDT

* Michael Blazer <m.blazer_at_utoronto.ca> [27 Oct 2004 11:09]:
> Quoting Martin Joseph <martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com>:
> > The email addresses are disguised in the web archive. I have been on
> > this list for many years and have yet to see a single piece of spam
> > from it. Other then from people on the list that is :~)
>
> Not doubting that this list tries to be as secure as possible, but I'm just wondering:
> how can you tell where a spammer got your address from?

Not sure about anybody else, but I run my own mail server and it's a
matter of "policy" for me that every time I put my email into a web
form, or sign up for a mailing list, I create a unique alias, so if I
get any spam I know where my address was harvested - and can kill that
address without affecting any other email.

-Rhonda

--
 www.write-on.indy || www.write-on.org   \/  http://history.ubcengineers.ca/
  Discuss the art and craft of writing   /\   UBC Engineers History Project