Re: [NTLK] Travelling to US - baggage advice?

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Oct 29 2004 - 13:31:47 PDT

Additionally...since you will probably be using your
Newt while on the flight, your batteries may be
depleated by the time you go through customs...I
always carry my wall-wart (charger/adapter) with my to
plug in incase it doesn't turn on when the customs
inspector asks for it to turn on.
Oh...one other thing...unless you like lacing up
shoes, don't where shoes...you will be taking them off
and putting them back on at every layover...it's a
serious pain especially if you don't have a long
layover. I usually travel with Teva's. this way, I
don't have to remove my shoes.
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- Chris Zinkula <czinkula_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> You shouldn't have any problem with carrying
> batteries through
> customs. At worst they might want you to show that
> it powers the
> device but I even doubt that. They'll probably
> question you more
> about your odd looking Newton over anything... :)
> --

=====
"A democracy is a sheep and two wolves deciding on what to have for lunch. Freedom is a well armed sheep contesting the results of the decision."
 - Benjamin Franklin