Re: [NTLK] [Q] How to newtVNC via Bluetooth?

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Sun Oct 31 2004 - 10:43:36 PST

On Oct 31, 2004, at 9:13 AM, DJ Vollkasko wrote:

> <snip>
>

> Hmh, dunno - those script-things are for sharing internet access of
> the Mac
> with a BT-Device (phone, PDA, whatever). I don't want to share the
> internet
> access (-- well, I *do*, but that's a separate project ;=}).
> How's the sharing of my internet connection helping me with the
> VNC-connection?

VNC uses TCP/IP to work, just like the internet... There is no
automatic Bluetooth TCP/IP interface, Bluetooth doesn't work that way.
> Right now all I want to do is to get my Newton to log on to my
> PowerBook
> (newtVNC currently stalls saying "Loading the PPP driver...", light on
> BT-Card is steady green) and do the VNC (i.e. remote controlling the
> PB),
> not have any internet traffic passed through.
Still to connect via VNC you need a TCP/IP connection via bluetooth.
You may not need those scripts, but you do need to add bluetooth as a
network interface. You could try doing this (Adding BT as a network
interface) from the Network Preference pane.

Also, you will need a VNC server running on the PB. have you got that
going on yet?

Marty